Dec 21

Our third daughter, Eve Kathryn, was born today at 2:06 in the afternoon. She weighed 8 pounds and was 20 inches. She is every bit as adorable as the other girls and here are some pics to prove it :)

12-21-12 129 12-21-12 131 12-21-12 136 12-22-12 212

Nov 04

I still can’t believe I can say that I have a 6 year old, it really doesn’t seem like it’s been that long. And how did Ada grow up so fast?! This year we had two different get-togethers for the girls’ birthdays. Ivy’s was on October 21st, a gorgeous fall day. She had been begging for an electric scooter, and I managed to find a pink one that was extremely well cared for on Craigslist. The look on her face was totally worth it, she was in love. She picked out her cake this year, and she wanted the one with Justin Beiber’s face on it, *rolls eyes*. I don’t remember being interested in the New Kids on the Block until I was much older, but I might just be blocking it from memory.

Ada’s party was on her birthday today and we also celebrated with friends and family. Ada wanted a Tinkerbelle cake this year, so I still have a little girl that’s interested in fairies and princesses. She got a bunch of new toys including some new accessories for her dollhouse which is by far her favorite gift (in the whole entire earth, as she would say).

Happy Birthday to my sweet girls!

10-21-12 019 10-21-12 023 10-21-12 025 10-21-12 032

11-04-12 073 11-04-12 083 11-04-12 095 11-04-12 104

Nov 01

Well it’s been a month since we lost our best friend Kermit and I think I’m ready to write a little something on the blog about him. My mom was watching Ada on the morning of Wednesday, September 26th while I met with a new website client. When I got out of my meeting I had a message from my mom about Kermit. I called her back right away panicking, and she said he just had a seizure. Since he hadn’t had one before, I had no idea what was going on. I raced home and picked him up and took him to the vet. They did a checkup and said that his lymph nodes were swollen and that they’d like to monitor him for the day to make sure he didn’t have another seizure. They also wanted to do a biopsy on his lymph nodes the following Tuesday. I was confused that they would automatically jump to a biopsy since he was in seemingly good health before the seizure. Well we picked him up around 6 and they said he didn’t have another one all day and to watch him carefully. He had a seizure at 10pm and another at 3am. They were absolutely horrible to watch. I stayed up with him in the living room and tried to keep him company, but all he wanted to do was pace around the house.

We took him back to the vet Thursday morning and they kept him all day, they started him on a seizure medication so he wouldn’t keep having them, which he didn’t…while he was there. The meds made him groggy, which was to be expected but we thought that was better than more seizures. He was very clingy and unsettled that night and finally calmed down and sat next to me in the living room at about 10pm. Not even 10 minutes later he had another seizure. The worst thing after the seizures was that he was so unsettled that he just paced around all night. We had to put him in the backyard because it was very hard to get any sleep while he was walking around the house. The next morning you could see a path in the grass where he must’ve walked over and over. Friday he was so lethargic that it was almost as hard as watching the seizures. He barely moved and when we finally got him to walk around, he would stumble and fall down. The vet said this was completely normal and recommended we keep on them and that it would get better. The weekend was more of the same, but he didn’t have any more seizures that we knew of. I talked to the emergency vet clinic on Saturday and asked if we could drop his dosage of the Phenobarbital, and he said we could go down to 1 1/2 pills instead of 2. I just said I was concerned that it was sedating him so much that I didn’t want him to stop breathing.

It was supposed to get colder on Sunday night and since he had been staying outside at night, Eric wanted to move him into the garage so he didn’t get too cold. We laid down next to him around 10:30 in the garage and said goodnight. He managed to lift his head enough to give us both kisses before falling asleep. I got up to use the bathroom around 4am and went to check on him. He was up pacing around, so I got Eric up to let him outside. Eric said he had to pee and then he let him out in the backyard for the last couple hours so he could have more room to pace. When we woke up the next morning, he was sleeping in the backyard in a usual spot. We didn’t really think anything of it. Before Eric left to drop Ivy off at school, I peeked out the window again to see if I could see him breathing. I didn’t say what I was looking for to Eric, but he must’ve known because he went out to check on him. He put his hand on Kermit’s belly and looked at me with a sad, scared look on his face. Then he shook his head to tell me he was gone. I ran out and we both sat there petting him for a while. We didn’t know what to tell Ivy, but we knew she would want to say goodbye to him. We told her and she cried and ran out to see for herself. Ada didn’t grasp what was going on, so that made it easier for her.

Eric has Mondays off, so we were lucky that he was able to be home that day. Dawn came over and picked up Ada, and my parents came over for support. Eric took him to the vet and they did a post mortem. They said they found lymphoma in every organ they tested. Kermit was only 7, and I knew that someday he would get old and probably sick. I just figured that once he was sick, we’d have several months or years to come to terms with it. I guess for Kermit’s sake, this way was probably easier for him. They didn’t think he was in pain, or suffering at all. We didn’t have to make any difficult decisions at the doctor’s office.

After having a dog in the house for 7 years, it really feels like there is such a void. Every time I hear a noise in the house, I think it’s him. Every time I get ready for bed at night, I wish he was there to give him a goodnight kiss. I still do a double take when I walk by his '”spots” in the house because I think I saw him out of the corner of my eye. I think it should be an unwritten rule that a pregnant girl shouldn’t lose her dog. We will all miss him forever and it really hurts that he’s gone, but I wouldn’t trade the pain for the time we had with him.

Love you Kermit.

8-5-06 008

Oct 31

The girls wanted to be witches this Halloween, so we had to decide which flavor of witch they would be. Ivy thought that Glinda the Good Witch was up her alley and Ada thought the wicked witch would be fun. It turned out to be pretty nice weather so we didn’t even have to ruin the costumes with coats on top. Eric and I went around the block with them once and then Eric went home to pass out candy while the girls and I continued down the road. Trick-or-treating with them brings back so many great memories from childhood. It’s so fun to be able to watch these memories happen.

10-31-12 053 10-31-12 057 10-31-12 062

Aug 20

I can’t believe my first baby is already in Kindergarten. Ivy was so excited for school to start and had no problems jumping right in today. Eric has the week off so he was able to go with us and see her off. When I picked her up from school and asked her about her day, she had some funny highlights. In regards to if anyone was naughty: “Nope, no one asked me to smoke and no one asked me to take the teacher’s pencil off of her desk.” Here are some pictures from the day.

IMG_4786 IMG_4771 IMG_4776 IMG_4780 IMG_4783 IMG_4788

Aug 19

Well we managed to keep a hamster alive for more than a couple weeks this time around, but Bella still had a relatively short life. She passed away this afternoon as a result of an unknown cause. It was a bummer that this happened the day before Ivy’s first day of school, but she handled it pretty well. There were some tears from Ivy and lots of questions from Ada, but then they were playing the rest of the night so I don’t think they were too worried about it. Miss you Bella!


Aug 16

We took the girls out to the part tonight to let them in on a little surprise. They got to open a box filled with balloons to tell them if they were going to have a baby brother or a baby sister in December...

 IMG_4740 IMG_4742 IMG_4744 IMG_4759

Jun 27

We got a new(er) truck tonight, a 2007 Nissan Frontier. It's a smaller truck so it actually fits nicely in the garage without too much fanfare. It also has 4 doors, which his old truck didn't, so it's much easier to get the kids in and out of it. Here it is!

 IMAG0523 IMAG0524IMAG0522 IMAG0528